Is cost about to become a barrier for mobile innovation?
I propose that the cost of Mobile innovation is about change…..
- When there was a limited number of applications in the apps store it was relatively simple to get to the top
- Getting to the top of a list was easier when you only competed with a few others and the relative number of downloads was “small”
- Few leading app stores enabled concentration of resources on those
- Innovation (doing something different) was mass market and not niche
- Number of mobile platforms and version was limited and launching on one was sufficient
- Stand alone works but is not enough to compete for the top slot
Mobile innovation is growing up and it has become all about experience and experience has a cost, but will the economics be good enough to make it viable and will the start-up guys be left behind as it becomes a game to be played with those with deep pockets?